Roadmap 2017! Roundup 2016!
Hello – welcome back! The holidays are over, the New Year is here.
Here at Unitronics headquarters, we are at work, setting up our development Road Map for 2017.
As Unitronics users, you know that we pride ourselves on listening to our user community.
And so, we ask you:
What would you like Unitronics to develop in 2017?
You can post suggestions to this blog, PM me, or email me at email@example.com.
Here is a summary of Unitronics major developments in 2016, many of which were the results of user requests – so, without further ado, I hereby present:
The 2016 Unitronics Roundup!
|New Samba models||Samba now offers the TA22 configuration in 3.5″, 4.3″, and 7″ screen sizes.
· SM35/SM43/SM70 J-TA22 comprise 12 digital inputs, configurable as 1 hsc/shaft-encoder, 2 analog/digital, 2 thermocouple / pt100 inputs, and 8 pnp plus 2 analog outputs.
· SM70-J-RA22 offers a 7″ screen and the same inputs as the TA22; the outputs comprise 4 relay and 4 npn outputs.
|New Jazz models||· JZ20-T20HS offers 6 digital, 2 analog/digital, 2 analog, 3 high-speed inputs, and 8 transistor, plus 5 high-speed outputs supporting PWM via hardware configuration.
· JZ20-R16HS offers the same inputs, plus 6 Relay Outputs.
|UniStream additions||UniStream welcomed new I/O Modules:
· UIS-WCB2 Wide I/O comprises two temperature and 2 analog inputs, 2 analog outputs, and 10 digital inputs, 10 digital pnp outputs including 2 high-speed outputs.
· Slim temp module UIS-4PTKN Comprising 4 RTD inputs that support PT1000/NI1000.
|KNX connector||UniStream supports a KNX to MODBUS Gateway device, available as GW-KNX1.|
Our Remote Operator mobile app for the Vision™ and Samba™ series, a major user request, was released in 2016—here are links for Apple and Android:
Here are some of the features we added to UniLogic in 2016:
|User Access Control (UAC)
|UAC enables you to require users to log in via the HMI application, and restrict access to HMI elements, including whether an element is visible or enabled.|
|SQL Connectivity||· Access SQL databases via IP address or Hostname
· Build SQL Queries and execute them via Ladder functions
· Connect Data Tables to SQL databases and transfer data
|HMI Screen to Web Page||Click to convert existing HMI Screens to Web Pages.|
|Reusable HMI Custom Controls||Create your reusable HMI Custom Control, drag and drop it from the Solution Explorer, export/import it between projects, and add it to the Library.|
|Hardware Interrupt: UID-0808THS||A new Scenario, Measure Length, supported by the UID-0808THS module, allows you to implement length measurement via hardware-based interrupt.|
|HMI File Selector Browser||Enable your operator to select files from an SD/DOK/memory stick, store the Path and Name of the selected file in a Data Tag.|
|Video Streaming Widget: RSTP||Allows you to provide the RSTP url in the format required by your particular application and device.|
|HMI Indirect Images||Display indirect images hosted on the SD card or DOK.|
|HMI Trends: FIFO||Display a Trend as Standard or FIFO.|
|HMI email Configuration Widget||Your users can add recipients in the To, Cc, and Bcc fields of an e-mail via the HMI keyboard.|
|Web Server – new features||· Trends: view Trend graphs via web browser.
· mailto fields, and a new widget enable your users to add recipients in the To, Cc, and Bcc fields of an e-mail via the HMI keyboard.
· A new Web Data Tables Widget allows a user to view, edit, and enter data via web browser.
|Print to pdf||The Tools tab on the UniLogic ribbon offers Print Project, enabling you to print your Hardware Configuration and Ladder Modules.|
|Data Tables||· New Functions: Convert .CSV to UDTF, UDTF Count counts number of columns and rows
· email .csv files as attachments.
|MODBUS||You can now run Modbus via Serial COM Module/USB ports|
|Ethernet/IP||· Explicit Messages support for both Scanner and Adapter in addition to I/O (Implicit) messaging.
· Scanner Node support doubled, from 16 to 32.
|DNS Resolver||Ladder Function: resolves a server IP address from its host name.|
|New functions for counters, Immediate Reset + new Scenarios|
|Pin/unpin, undock and float pane options. If you use two monitors, float panes onto different monitor screens.|
|USB keyboard support||Just plug a keyboard into the UniStream USB port.|
|Alarms – Additions||· Language Localization for French, Russian, Polish, Finnish and Czech.
· Alarm History Widget