How can water treatment systems kill microorganisms and ensure water purity? Automate chemical treatment and testing with PLC control
Industry - Water/waste water
Summary: Aqua Interma Engineering provides high-quality water treatment systems. They create applications that dose water with chlorine to eliminate micro-organisms; the system then tests the residual levels of chlorine in order to ensure water purity. Aqua Interma automated this process using Unitronics PLC+HMI controllers for precise, easy to use results.
Aqua Interma Engineering was founded twenty years ago with a goal of providing high quality manufacturing solutions. They manufacture and install solutions for drinking water purification and waste water treatment. They offer both custom solutions for new plants and retrofitting of older system, focusing on innovation and implementing the latest processes and best practices.
For example, they created a dosing application for water treatment; this system automatically doses the water with chlorine gas and sodium hypochlorite. These chemicals kill any potentially dangerous microorganisms, ensuring that it is safe for use by people. The system also needed to be able to test the residual chlorine levels, as high concentrations of chlorine can also be harmful in their own right. Aqua Interma wanted a PLC that could run these processes automatically with high reliability.
“Among all automation the devices I work with, Unitronics is my favorite” - Stevo Vojnović
Aqua Interma uses several Unitronics PLC+HMI units for these applications, including the programmable controllers Samba, Jazz and PLC controller Vision430. The all-in-one design of the controllers makes them small and compact; they easily fit into the limited space available for a control panel. These PLCs also allow for continuous measurement of the water being treated and offer data logging and Trends to manage the data being collected. The integrated alarm management system triggers alarms if the residual chlorine levels are too high or any other problems occur. The PLC also communicates via a GPRS router, enabling SMS notifications about these alarms.
Aqua Interma was impressed by Unitronics reliability; they have a long and positive experience with Unitronics controllers. The Unitronics PLCs offers powerful features and communications integrated with an easy-to-use interface. Engineer Stevo Vojnović says, “among all automation the devices I work with, Unitronics is my favorite. It always delivers more performance than I expect!” Additionally, Unitronics PLCs come at an unbeatable price, allowing Aqua Interma to create state-of-the-art solutions without breaking the bank.
- Song SengAll-in-one PLC automates beautiful fountain display, while saving the designers time and money
- Watt TechnologyCan one PLC be standardized calibration benches using different measurements?
- Waterplay® Solutions Corp IncHow to downsize your control system without losing functionality?
- LLC Group 7easy to program, with a good number of useful features
- Waste water treatment"Unitronics’ advanced communication options and temperature modules enabled us to offer the customer a cost-effective, accurate remote monitoring solution"
- AquaRD Sp. z o.o.With a friendly development environment and unrivaled quality
- Tills InnovationsWater Features: Pump Control with the UniStream 10.4 PLC + HMI