SPIN FX, an industrial automation firm located in Zabrze, Poland, produces a system that controls all of the components of a Brewery operation including fermentation.
They needed a PLC controller to control brewing processes, a big HMI panel able to display data, sound alerts in real-time and send SMS notifications, and VFDs for mixing.
The powerful PLCs control the complex, sophisticated process of beer production in real-time, coordinating individual operations of the Brewery components - for example, the critical aspect of maintaining temperature while adding ingredients, when valves are automatically opened to dose the water. Via flowmeters, the PLC tracks the incoming volume of water, while coordinating heaters and mixers to hold the liquid temperature at set-point; using Unitronics’ VFDs made it simple to precisely regulate the rotational speed of mixers.
UniStream’s integrated 15.6” HMI screen displays data to operating personnel, such as the spices and malts filling the tanks. When brewing is complete, the UniStream controlling brewing sends data to the controller responsible for the filtration process via TCP. This data is used to regulate the specific conditions for fermentation.
All necessary values and trend graphs are visualized on screen.
SPIN FX designed the entire PLC control and HMI application, including VFD setup and control, using Unitronics All-in-One UniLogic™ software, included with every hardware purchase.
Their end-user application logs activity done on the product during fermentation, the registration process of washing the empty fermenter – and archives process parameters.
Grzegorz Rzychoń, Spin FX’s lead programmer, had this to say about Unitronics’ products:
“Friendly and intuitive software environment makes work with programming simple and comfortable. Thanks to using UniStream 15.6” and UniStream 10” HMI panels best quality of images is provided. Reading the state of processes is easy.”
- 7th Settlement BreweryHow can local breweries achieve the consistency of national changes? PLC control helps 7th Settlement solve the problem
- DjurdjevicIs it possible for an automated system to run so efficiently you forget it’s there?
- Twisted Vine BreweryHow can craft brewers achieve the product consistency of larger operations despite limited automation experience?
- BsiatecWhy innovative Bsiatec of Austria selected UniStream?
- ProcestehCan an All-in-One PLC make a machine easier to use?
- Schmachtl GmbHIntegrated PLC+HMI makes for easy integration and painless monitoring
- Schmachtl GmbH CopyIntegrated PLC+HMI makes for easy integration and painless monitoring
- ÜbermorgenCan PLC automation craft the perfect latte?